Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Team Leader

Stash Tea Company is looking for a Team Leader to be a part of our packaging department.
Education and Work Experience:
High School Diploma required. A background in food related manufacturing of at least five years with two years as Team Leader or Line Lead. An ability to work in a fast paced work environment is required. Clear, concise and accurate verbal and written communication skills are a must. Strong basic math skills are a must. Candidate must be organized and have good problem solving skills.

Primary Purpose:
Support staff reporting to the Packaging Supervisor.
This position will organize and train staff in the methods of quality and
timely packaging while keeping the workload organized and the workplace
clean and safe.

Essential duties and Responsibilities:
Supervision of the production activities in the packaging area.
Ensure packaging quality.
Report equipment issues to the Packaging Supervisor.
Train employees in work methods and procedures.
Ensure all GMP policies are being followed.
Operate machines and equipment.
Maintain first aid/CPR certification.
Ensure inventory accuracy.

Other Duties and responsibilities:
Assist Packaging Supervisor with organizing and processing work orders.
Report personnel issues to Packaging Supervisor.
Cross train with other departments.
Assist supervisors and managers with the achievement of company goals.

Hours are: 7am - 5:30pm Monday - Thursday. Overtime may be required.

Please email or mail a cover letter, resume with salary history to:
Stash Tea Company
PO Box 910
Portland, OR 97207
attention: job posting

No phone calls, please.

*****

Dear Sir or Madam:

In regards to the Craigslist posting seeking a team leader, stop what you're doing right now and consider the following: I am an excellent team leader. It's true; I've led teams in the most dire of circumstances, traversing fields of potential mishaps with nary but my trusty rucksack and bayonet of excellent communication skills. I don't even have to read the requirements of the position for which I am applying, as the heading said it all: TEAM LEADER, a point on which I cannot stress how qualified I truly am. Have you ever been in the thick of battle, under the oppressive boot of a hostile takeover and forced to make sure every member of your office made it through to the next paycheck and beyond? Well I have. And I can tell you, it requires guts of steel - yet another characteristic I can boast with impugnity - and a railroad for a spine. You can't just back down when you have all of those people relying on your leadership; you must prevail, against all odds, when the bullets are ripping through space and the snap crack of corporate downsizing is stinging in your ears. Of course, I understand the necessity of moderation. I'm a very moderate man. Why, in the evenings when I take my glass of scotch I make sure never to drink so much that I will be unable to fulfill my husbandly duties; no, only enough to believe my aging wife's breasts are still beautiful - am I right, fellas?

Believe me, I put the Tea in TEAM. You won't be disappointed by the leadership I exude in spades. When the shit (pardon my French, please!) hits the fan, I'll be there, head first, diving into the muck and scum of the office underbelly, bringing every living soul under my watch through to the end.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Nate Balding, Team Leader

1 comment:

RANDMAJESTIC said...

IS THIS YOUR HEDGE-BET APPLICATION, KEN POWELL--I KNOW YOU ARE DESPERATE AT PALMETTO BAY VILLAGE CENTER IN MIAMI-BUT DON'T DEBASE YOURSELF SO PUBLICLY! WE'LL GIVE YOU A CONSOLATION JOB AS AN 8.00 DOLLAR-AN-HOUR SECURITY GUARD SO YOU CAN BUY SOAP AND TOILET PAPER!